Postory


This poster hangs on the wall of our home for years. It’s neutral colors of green, red and light yellow fits into any setting, color and background. 

If I tell you I got it for free. Well I did. 

At khan market at that. I was visiting in one of my regular delhi visits, this quaint little book and mastic shop where this poster hung at the background. Curiously I asked about the poster. He said it came free for promotion, he will give me free copy of the same. 

Can you imagine his kindness. Where do you get these kind of shopkeepers before. As a kid I would go to ribbon wala, stationary wala or bread wala they would give you extra ribbon, candy or piece. And you could trust them too. 

I have heard about the movie. But never watched it. It has Dilip Kumar, Vijayanti Mala, and directed by Bimal Roy. Music by Salil and Lyrics by Shailendra to
entice the music lovers who frolic khan market like the old times. I wonder when this album would have actually come out. 

Those were the days. Nostalgia, art and decor come together to make my home chic and beautiful. 

It was the look of Dilip and Vijaynti which gif my attention. A man admiring a woman and a woman shy to acknowledge the response. Her downward looking eyes still so big and bright. His side glance and neck move showing his broad front. I like his green lines high or crew neck sweater. Even his grey overcoat is stylish and probably European. Showing that this must be shot in a cold forest, probably a hill station. On the contrary the girl is poor and simply dressed in the  village tribe attire. 

So much to say about a simple poster. It’s history, geography, civics and cinematic depiction. A picture is a story in itself, if you look closely. 

This is what we share on this blog. A story a picture. I remember now how this blog was named Pictures and words initially. 

Comments

Popular Posts