Sintra ke Andar 🏰


Enter the Sintra castle. This became my top picture not only to attract a curious audience but also to really show one of the masterpieces found there. Placed in a corner it didn’t get the necessary attention. So I compensate here. 

The main dining room with elegant table, chairs set next to a brightly lit window. The silver candles, china and glass ware adding to the prestige and class of the place. Can you see those elegant cutlery cabinets. The queen must be quite a host, I must say! 


This cupboard got my attention. Could it be Portuguese or is it a gift from Middle East or Sino Japanese kingdoms. I love green and a cupboard with the green stone work is simply precious. 

The old phone. I wonder how many official calls came from important generals, kings or bureaucrats. I don’t know if there was enough time for queen to chit chat with her mothers or friends. 

Definitely a gift from the orientals. The king probably had good bilateral relations and in general Portugal is a hub of international trade given its central position between Europe and Africa. 


The cosy red seat for that evening tea, probably with some cakes or the beloved Portuguese custard tarts. 


This chandelier, again my love for green this one is simply classy and a vibrant work of art. The right amount of delicacy, sharpness and beauty. My precious 


The glass art at the window creates a wonderful view against the sunny backdrop. The harsh son becomes less miserable when you find the art it creates is super cool. 


Finally the central courtyard. Did the king have young kids? I am sure they would have run thru the corridors and slipped across the courtyard rain soaked floring. Childhoods can be world apart but they are the same. 


Finally a glimpse of us tourists. We left a reflection of us in the past, becoming a part of it. 🪞

Comments

Popular Posts