Postcard from China



My work trip to Chengdu. Turned out to be a weekend outing to Panda Park, Jin Li tourist town and hopping around local market. There in Jin li one of the shops took post card messages from tourists to send post cards to friends and loved ones from their foreign travels. Isn’t it lovely. They gave you stationary and post cards to write and send! I had my own past card which I carry and send back. I did the same from my Philippines trip but it never reached. However this one did and stays one of my cherished memories! 




I also asked my chaperones to write a note in Chinese on the past card. It’s a good thing I did because I had forgotten their names. Summer and Shirley, their Chinese names, were two young interns in HR straight out of college. Summer was the pretty one, with a stable boy friend and a planned future. Shirley the Tom boy, bubbling with life and confusion shared the travails of being a single girl in China. Marriage and babies are the destination here too. Especially with a mother who thinks so. 

Thank you girls for the lovely trip! 

Comments

Popular Posts